WVC pastor to face charges for allegedly waiting to report child sex abuse
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – A Tongan pastor who once led the congregation at a West Valley City church is going to be charged for failing to report child sex abuse in a timely manner.
United Methodist Pastor Havili Mone was fired two weeks ago. Church members claim he knew an older boy molested several younger boys during youth nights at the West Valley City church but waited months to report the abuse.
West Valley City spokesman Aaron Crim says the WVC prosecutor found that there is enough evidence to warrant filing of misdemeanor charges and they will likely file those charges next week.
WVC pastor fired after allegedly waiting to report child sex abuse
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- 'Blood moon' will be a sight to behold during Tuesday's total lunar eclipse
- Police: Woman admits to strangling or suffocating six newborn babies
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)