NYPD officer’s act of kindness caught on camera
An act of kindness from an anonymous New York City Police officer was caught on camera by a woman in Arizona then posted on the department’s official Facebook page.
The post says Jennifer Foster of Florence, Ariz., was visiting Times Square with her husband on Nov. 15 when they saw a shoeless man asking for change.
She wrote, “Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’
“The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching*.
“I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name.
“It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work.
“The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.”
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base