Man to go to trial in fatal 2011 crash
SALT LAKE CITY – A man accused of killing a 26-year-old woman after allegedly ramming his truck into the back of her car going 70 miles per hour last January will go to trial.
A judge ruled on Thursday that Shane Gillette will go to trial in the Jan. 6, 2011, incident.
Police say Gillette’s windshield was frosted over and he was driving under the influence when he crashed into the back of Julie Jorgensen, killing her.
Police say there were no signs Gillette braked before hitting Jorgensen while she was stopped at a red light at 300 East and 500 South.
Gillette is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 17.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- 2 people dead inside house hit by rockslide in Rockville, officials say
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church