Candidates debate for open Utah Senate seat
SALT LAKE CITY — Six candidates hoping to fill outgoing state Senator Ben McAdams’ seat debated before an auditorium filled with delegates.
Senate District 2, which encompasses most of Salt Lake City’s east side, may be the most liberal district in the Utah State Legislature. Whoever replaces McAdams, who was recently elected Salt Lake County mayor, will be one of five Democrats in the Utah State Senate.
The candidates are: Will Carlson, Robert Comstock, Peter Corroon, Jim Dabakis, Brian Doughty and Jenny Wilson. Tuesday’s debate was sponsored by the group Alliance for a Better Utah and moderated by FOX 13′s Max Roth.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age