Different ideas for Thanksgiving dishes (11.20-21.12)
In the days leading up to the holiday, Jennifer Burns and Jana Brown, from Cornabys, appeared on Good Day Utah with some different ideas for Thanksgiving dishes.
LO-CAL RANCH DRESSING
Yield: 2 c.
- 1/2 c. Lo-Cal or Lite mayonnaise
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ t sugar
- 1 1/2 T. ULTRA GEL
- 1 T. dry parsley, crushed OR
- 2 T. fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 1/2 c. buttermilk
Measure mayonnaise into medium bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir slightly. Gradually add buttermilk, mixing with wire whisk until smooth. Refrigerate to thicken and blend flavors.
ULTRAGEL WHIPPING CREAM
- 1 pint whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp UltraGel
Combine first three ingredients and whip until well combined and just begins to thicken. Add Ultra Gel and continue to whip until desired thickness is reached. Store in refrigerator for up to a week. Create spiced shipping cream by adding 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and ¼ tsp cloves before serving.
EASY GLUTEN FREE GRAVY
- 2 cups broth or drippings and water to equal two cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs or other flavorings as desired
- 1/3 to ½ cup Ultra Gel
Combine drippings, spices and herbs in a small sauce pan and bring to heat. This does not need to boil, but should reach at least 180 for food safety. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in Ultra Gel. Ultra Gel will begin to thicken immediately, but will reach full thickness in 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- 1 Cup –ketchup
- 1 Cup –Cornaby’s Raspberry Jalapeño Cooking Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 or 3 8oz cans of water chestnuts
- 16 oz. bacon strips
Mix ketchup and jam together with Worcestershire sauce and vinegar and set aside. Cut bacon strips into thirds and set aside. Cut water chestnuts each in half, except for small ones. Wrap each water chestnut piece in one of the cut bacon pieces and secure with a toothpick.
Set wrapped water chestnuts on a sheet pan making sure pieces do not touch. Broil on high for 5 minutes on each side. Then liberally coat with prepared sauce and broil an additional 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- 1 lb ground meat (chicken, turkey, pork, beef or a combination)
- 2 T Ultra Gel
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/4 cup raspberry chipotle sauce
Combine all ingredients and mix well. An egg may be added for additional moisture, but is usually not necessary. Shape into meatballs and bake on a raised rack at 375 for 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160. Serve with warm chipotle sauce, or move to a crock pot with additional sauce and serve with toothpicks. For extra decadence add 1/2 cup shredded cheese to meat mixture before cooking!
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base