Suspect wounded after alleged police car theft, high-speed chase, standoff
HURRICANE, Utah – A female suspect was shot by officers after she allegedly attempted to steal a police car in Washington County on Monday.
Washington County Sheriff’s officials say officers arrested a female suspect on Monday evening. As an officer was removing her from the police vehicle at the jail, she displayed a weapon and was able to steal a police vehicle.
The woman led officers from multiple agencies on a high-speed chase. Spikes were deployed and the pursuit ended in Hurricane. After the chase ended, there was a standoff between police and the suspect.
One deputy fired his weapon and struck the woman, ending the standoff. Her current condition is unknown.
The incident is under investigation.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving