Roasted Tomato Bisque (11.16.12)
by Chef Ryan Murray, La Caille
- 1 28 ounce can Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Each Yellow onion
- 4 Each Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery Chopped
- 1 Stalk Carrots Chopped
- ½ LBS Butter
- 5 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 5 Each Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- To taste salt
- To taste White pepper
In a large soup pot set on medium high heat add the butter, onions, celery, and carrots and cook until nice and caramelized.
Once that is done add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minutes then add the roasted tomatoes and cook until it starts to stick to the bottom of the pot then add the chicken stock and stir until all the bitts come off the bottom then add the cream and let the soup come to a simmer and stir every couple of minutes.
Once the soup has simmered for 15 minutes add the chopped basil and blend with a stick blender until very smooth. Add the brown sugar and season with salt and white pepper.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base