SL Co. Mayor Corroon running for Senate District 2 seat
SALT LAKE CITY – Outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon officially declared his candidacy for the Utah State Senate on Thursday.
Corroon will be running for the District 2 seat vacated by Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams.
Corroon says he’s eager to continue his public service career as a state senator representing Salt Lake City residents.
160 Democratic delegates will hold a special election to determine who will finish out the remaining two years of McAdams’ term.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving