Man accused of killing 7-year-old Burmese refugee to stand trial
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A man accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering a 7-year-old girl has been ordered to stand trial after nearly a week-long preliminary hearing.
Esar Met is accused of sexually assaulting and murdering Burmese refugee Hser Ner Moo at a South Salt Lake apartment complex in 2008. She was found in Met’s shower the day after she went missing.
Hser’s father Cartoon Wah testified at the trial, saying she was excited to live in America where she could go to school. Hser’s parents say they want to see Met face justice.
Met is scheduled for arraignment on Dec. 7.
- Man shot, killed by police in Wyoming
- 'Complete destruction of neighborhoods, businesses' predicted in wake Midwest tornadoes
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS President Thomas S. Monson, dies at 85
- Family of Utah Army medic say he died giving aid to fellow soldier
- 5 injured in Tooele Co. rollover accident