4 more lawsuits coming against UHP for alleged falsified DUIs
SALT LAKE CITY – Four more lawsuits may soon be filed against the Utah Highway Patrol after Trooper Lisa Steed wrongfully handed out DUIs.
Michael Studebaker, attorney for the new clients, says each wants their record expunged, $250,000 per person and Steed stripped of her awards.
Steed has been in the spotlight since a memo leaked in mid-October suggesting she arrested people who didn’t deserve DUIs.
Steed’s attorney says she’s received a letter from UHP describing their intent to terminate her.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats