Stepson in custody after Taylorsville fatal stabbing
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A man was fatally stabbed in Taylorsville early Monday.
It happened at approximately 3 a.m. at 2141 Rebecca Ann Circle (6600 South).
Unified Police said a 30-year-old man stabbed his 63-year-old stepfather. They believe the incident took place in the living room and the suspect used a kitchen knife.
The stepfather, John Palm, was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He later died as a result of his injuries, according to police.
“Officers were actually able to speak with him initially in which he had told them that his stepson had stabbed him,” said Lt. Justin Hoyal, Unified Police Department. “He was transported to the hospital with multiple stab wounds and in extremely critical condition and passed away a short time later.”
Police identified the suspect as Doneral Dalton. He initially ran from police, but was caught about a block from the scene and taken into custody.
“We have had a number of domestic violence calls involving these two individuals,” Hoyal said.
Police are also questioning the victim’s wife, Dalton’s mother about the incident.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving