Free shuttle service for SLCC students, faculty
Salt Lake Community College has launched its new campus shuttle service.
The shuttle service, called the B-Line, runs between the school’s South City, Meadowbrook and Taylorsville Redwood campuses.
It is free to students and faculty who show their school ID.
“I think it is a great service, because it is hard enough as a college student to drive from one campus to another, gas money and the traffic, and it gets boring after a while,” said Moises Tovar, a B-Line rider. “But then knowing that there is this service, I thought, you know, let’s give it a try.”
School officials are hoping the shuttle service will help ease the full parking lots at the campuses.
If the shuttle is successful, the school plans to offer service to additional campuses.
The shuttle is offered Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Fridays until 2 p.m.
- Man shot, killed by police in Wyoming
- 'Complete destruction of neighborhoods, businesses' predicted in wake Midwest tornadoes
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS President Thomas S. Monson, dies at 85
- Family of Utah Army medic say he died giving aid to fellow soldier
- 5 injured in Tooele Co. rollover accident