Woman dead in SSL auto-pedestrian accident
SOUTH SALT LAKE– Police are investigating an auto-pedestrian accident that left one woman dead Saturday night.
The accident happened at 9 p.m. Saturday near 2760 South 300 East in South Salt Lake.
Police say the 39-year-old woman was struck by the car while she was crossing the street near a crosswalk.
She was taken to the hospital where she later died from her injuries.
Drugs and alcohol are not suspected factors. The driver was not cited or arrested; the district attorney will review the evidence and consider possible charges.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory