Scheels opening first Utah store
SANDY, Utah – Scheels, Utah’s newest and biggest sporting goods store, opens in Sandy on Saturday, September 29.
The 220,000-square-foot building has more than sporting goods. Entertainment includes a 16,000-gallon salt water aquarium, a wildlife mountain and a 16-car Ferris wheel.
The Sandy store is the first in Utah. Owners say they’re excited to bring the store to the Wasatch Front.
“This community actually fits us very well. We like four seasons and obviously you have that. But the activity, the sports, the athletes, the outdoors. Everything is exactly what we are looking for,” said Karen Jones with Scheels.
The store is located at 11282 South State Street.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic is slowly moving in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight