Scheels opening first Utah store
SANDY, Utah – Scheels, Utah’s newest and biggest sporting goods store, opens in Sandy on Saturday, September 29.
The 220,000-square-foot building has more than sporting goods. Entertainment includes a 16,000-gallon salt water aquarium, a wildlife mountain and a 16-car Ferris wheel.
The Sandy store is the first in Utah. Owners say they’re excited to bring the store to the Wasatch Front.
“This community actually fits us very well. We like four seasons and obviously you have that. But the activity, the sports, the athletes, the outdoors. Everything is exactly what we are looking for,” said Karen Jones with Scheels.
The store is located at 11282 South State Street.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say