GOP fundraiser accused of rape appears in court
A Republican Party fundraiser who is accused of raping several women appeared in court Wednesday.
Greg Peterson is accused of raping four women in Salt Lake County. He is facing a new accusation of sexual assault over an alleged incident in Wasatch County. Peterson’s attorney made a request for his preliminary hearing to be held in early 2013, but a judge denied that request, saying the alleged victim has a right to a speedy trial.
The preliminary hearing was scheduled for October 10.
Charging documents from April 2010 say Peterson took the alleged victim to his cabin in Heber. They ate lunch and Peterson asked the woman if she wanted to watch a movie. The woman declined, saying she needed to pick up her daughter from school. After that, Peterson allegedly forced himself on the woman, but she was able to break free.
The documents say the woman then put her hand on the holster of her gun and told Peterson to take her home. Peterson drove the woman to her car, which was parked in Utah County.
Peterson’s attorney declined FOX 13’s request for comments Wednesday morning. The 25 charges against Peterson include rape and kidnapping. He is currently being held in the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on a $2 million bond.
- GOP fundraiser will go to trial in alleged rape case
- GOP fundraiser accused of rape in court for preliminary hearing
- More allegations surface against GOP fundraiser
- Preliminary trial set for GOP fundraiser accused of rape
- Reduced bail denied for GOP fundraiser accused of sexual assault
- GOP fundraiser accused of rape appears in court
- Attorneys: Rape allegations against GOP fundraiser are fabricated
- Man’s arrest for rape came after cases connected
- Woman recounts experience with rape suspect
- Utah GOP fundraiser arrested for sexual assault