Lightning kills man in Garfield County
A 24-year-old Bicknell man died Saturday when he was struck by lightning in Garfield County.
Garfield County Sheriffs say Jesse King was fishing at Row Lake on the west side of Boulder Mountain on Saturday when a storm came through around 7 p.m. King and his dog sought shelter underneath a tree. Lightning struck the tree and King and his dog were killed instantly.
King’s body was discovered by his wife, Maddy Rowland, who had been at their nearby campsite.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say