Lightning kills man in Garfield County
A 24-year-old Bicknell man died Saturday when he was struck by lightning in Garfield County.
Garfield County Sheriffs say Jesse King was fishing at Row Lake on the west side of Boulder Mountain on Saturday when a storm came through around 7 p.m. King and his dog sought shelter underneath a tree. Lightning struck the tree and King and his dog were killed instantly.
King’s body was discovered by his wife, Maddy Rowland, who had been at their nearby campsite.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base