Lightning kills man in Garfield County
A 24-year-old Bicknell man died Saturday when he was struck by lightning in Garfield County.
Garfield County Sheriffs say Jesse King was fishing at Row Lake on the west side of Boulder Mountain on Saturday when a storm came through around 7 p.m. King and his dog sought shelter underneath a tree. Lightning struck the tree and King and his dog were killed instantly.
King’s body was discovered by his wife, Maddy Rowland, who had been at their nearby campsite.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen named person of interest in brothers' deaths
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind