UDOT’s road construction over Pioneer Day holiday
SALT LAKE CITY – UDOT is warning residents of road construction over the Pioneer Day holiday.
There won’t be construction on July 24, but there will be closures and restrictions before and after that day.
The following are restrictions UDOT would like commuters to be aware of:
- I-80 in Parleys Canyon: Nightly lane restrictions will be in place for repaving work from the mouth of Parleys Canyon to Summit Park. Work will be suspended on July 24 and all lanes of travel will be open. For more information, visit Udot.utah.gov/renovateI80.
- U.S. 40 near Jordanelle: U.S. 40 near Jordanelle will be restricted to one lane in each direction to allow concrete to cure.
- U.S. 189 to Deer Creek: Westbound U.S. 189 in Provo Canyon will be restricted to one lane through July 23. All lanes will be open July 24 for the holiday. Additionally, the Orem 800 North interchange is now open, providing easy access to Provo Canyon from I-15.
- I-15 in Utah County: The Utah County I-15 Corridor Expansion (I-15 CORE) project restrictions will remain in place before and after the holiday. Drivers should be aware of lane shifts, lane restrictions and barrels in construction areas.
- I-84 to East Canyon: Restrictions will remain in place for the I-84 eastbound reconstruction near Morgan. One lane of travel will be open in each direction, and all interchanges will remain open.
- I-15 to Idaho: Existing restrictions will remain in place for projects on I-15 in northern Utah,
including the auxiliary lane construction in Clearfield and maintenance work underway from
Riverdale to Clearfield and in Box Elder County.
- I-70 from Richfield to I-15: Restrictions will remain in place for the I-70 reconstruction between
Cove Fort and Richfield. One lane will be open in each direction.
- S.R. 14 to Duck Creek: S.R. 14 in Cedar Canyon will be open from Monday, July 23, at 4 p.m.
through Wednesday, July 25, at 7 a.m. for Pioneer Day. Also, during construction S.R. 14 is
open nightly Monday from 7 p.m. through Thursday. at 7 a.m., and on Friday from 5 p.m.
through Monday at 7 a.m.
- I-15 to St. George: Expect narrow lanes on I-15 from Holden to Scipio and north of exit 27 to
Toquerville and Zion National Park.
All construction work depends on weather and other conditions. For the latest on UDOT closures and restrictions, visit www.udot.utah.gov, follow @UtahDOTon twitter, utahdot on Facebook or download one of the free UDOT apps for iPhone and Android.