Jeffs revelation reportedly names 15 men as “fathers” to FLDS children
HILDALE — A new revelation reportedly handed down by imprisoned polygamist leader Warren Jeffs names 15 men in the community as “fathers” to the children of the Fundamentalist LDS Church.
The revelation is believed to have been read in sermons to FLDS faithful within recent weeks, sources tell FOX 13.
Sam Brower, a private investigator for lawyers suing the polygamous church and the author of the book “Prophet’s Prey,” said Monday that his sources tell him the chosen 15 are the only ones allowed to procreate.
“These 15 men are appointed to be the procreators for the priesthood, for the FLDS,” he told FOX 13. “The other men in the community have been assigned the station of caretakers.”
Brower said he was told the announcement prompted about 300 people to get up and walk out of a meeting when it was read.
Jeffs is currently serving a life sentence in a Texas prison for child sex assault stemming from underage marriages. Since his incarceration, he has issued revelations almost daily prophesying the apocalypse.
Non-profit groups who work with those in the polygamous communities of Hildale and Colorado City have said that nearly a thousand people have been cast out by Jeffs for various “unnamed sins.” The Washington County Attorney has told FOX 13 he is conducting criminal investigations into FLDS members’ activities.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving