Sneaker lovers camp out for new Kanye West Nike shoe
SALT LAKE CITY — Campers are eagerly awaiting the Kanye West-branded Nike sneaker that is apparently fetching thousands of dollars online.
The hopeful owners of the Nike Air Yeezy 2 have been waiting outside the downtown boutique store FICE since Tuesday for the Saturday morning release.
Each store was given only one pair per size.
“That’s why I’m number one, I had to make sure I got my size. So, I had to make sure I was first,” says Troy Shaw.
FICE co-manager Laura Hadar likens the wait to a “game of survivor” given the limited amount they have to sell.
Hadar says pre-ordered pairs are listed on eBay for up to $14,000. The shoe retails for $245.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- 2 people dead inside house hit by rockslide in Rockville, officials say
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church