Warren Jeffs’ ‘revelation’ from prison calls for women not to be abused
SALT LAKE CITY — A new edict from imprisoned polygamist leader Warren Jeffs has raised eyebrows.
Not for its calls for his release from the Almighty or threats of apocalyptic doom, but for a simple sentence. The Fundamentalist LDS Church leader writes in a “revelation” from prison and sent to the Utah Attorney General’s Office that women shouldn’t be abused.
Jeffs writes: “Let women be free, to be educated, to have full protection from abuse, ye nations.“
Critics have long accused Jeffs and the FLDS Church of denying women education and abusing them.
Jeffs also speaks out against abortion and urges people to pray. The polygamist leader wrote it on May 13 from his cell in Palestine, Texas.
Jeffs was sent to prison for child sex assault for marrying underage girls. He is serving a life sentence.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats