Public enemy number one arrested in California
The man named Utah’s public enemy number one was caught in California and police are now asking the public for help locating their next top suspect.
US Marshals working in Utah and California were able to locate and arrest Joseph Medina in the Sacramento, Calif., area. He now sits in the Sacramento County Jail.
Police believe Medina has information about a gang-related shooting in Salt Lake City. In March, detectives say gunmen sprayed a vehicle and the neighborhood with a couple dozen rounds.
Medina will face federal charges in California before being brought back to Utah to face charges in connection with the shooting.
Police are still looking for Ruben Contreras, a suspect in the shooting.
Anyone with information about Contreras is asked to contact police.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base