Jazz defeat Portland 96-94 in regular season finale
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz wrapped up their regular season with a victory over the Portland Trailblazers on Thursday.
The Jazz’ starters spent a lot of time on the bench as other players took center stage. Jeremy Evans, who won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest, had a double-double with 10 rebounds and 13 points. Enes Kanter added 10 rebounds and 12 points. The leading scorer for the Jazz was Alec Burks with 18.
The Jazz led by 2 with under 3 second left in the game and the Blazers had the ball. Former Jazzman Wesley Matthews took a 3-point shot for the game-winning score, but he missed the shot after drawing contact with Blake Ahearn, but the foul wasn’t called and the Jazz nabbed the 96-94 win.
The Jazz, who have won 5 straight, will now look forward to their first-round playoff series against the Spurs. The series starts in San Antonio on Sunday.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age