Three suspects arrested in tanning salon robbery spree
PROVO — Police have arrested three suspects in connection with a series of robberies in Utah County.
Alejandro Guadelupe Alcantar, 20, of Provo and Raul Azehel Zubia, 19, of Springville, were arrested on April 5. A patrol sergeant saw a vehicle that matched the description of a vehicle suspected in an armed robbery in Orem that happened earlier that evening.
“We’re really happy that these guys are off the street, and hopefully it is a safer place for us out in the public now,” said Officer Jon Orville, Provo Police Department. “Also very happy that no one was injured in any of these robberies.”
Police obtained a search warrant for their car and found evidence from a robbery at the University Mall in Orem.
A short time later, investigators for the Utah County Major Crimes Task Force discovered more information trying these same individuals to several other robberies in Utah County. They also discovered a third suspect, Christian Alcantar, 18.
Police said the three were involved in a total of eight robberies from January 7 to April 4.
All three men face aggravated robbery and aggravated assault charges.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age