Travel delays likely over busy weekend
Road construction could cause delays for those using Interstate 15 in Utah County this weekend.
UDOT says if you are heading North to the LDS General Conference, you will likely encounter heavy delays through the 24-mile I-15 core construction zone.
“We anticipate that it is going to cause an additionally delay of up to one to hours for people commuting [Friday] in the area,” said Mindy Nelson, UDOT.
She said the higher than normal volume of travelers is due the LDS General Conference weekend, the start of spring break for many students, and the lane restrictions.
Starting Friday night, the Spanish Fork Main Street ramp will be closed until Monday morning.
I-15 in American Fork is restricted to three lanes in both directions. UDOT said that if you do need to travel in that area, the best time would be before 2 p.m. or after 8 p.m. on Friday.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say