Travel delays likely over busy weekend
Road construction could cause delays for those using Interstate 15 in Utah County this weekend.
UDOT says if you are heading North to the LDS General Conference, you will likely encounter heavy delays through the 24-mile I-15 core construction zone.
“We anticipate that it is going to cause an additionally delay of up to one to hours for people commuting [Friday] in the area,” said Mindy Nelson, UDOT.
She said the higher than normal volume of travelers is due the LDS General Conference weekend, the start of spring break for many students, and the lane restrictions.
Starting Friday night, the Spanish Fork Main Street ramp will be closed until Monday morning.
I-15 in American Fork is restricted to three lanes in both directions. UDOT said that if you do need to travel in that area, the best time would be before 2 p.m. or after 8 p.m. on Friday.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic is slowly moving in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight