Warm Artichoke and Parmesan Filled Wonton Cups (03.08.12)
by Jennifer Burns
- 1 package fresh square Wonton Wraps
- 1 14 oz can Artichoke Hearts (not marinated), and quartered
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 small Shallot, finely minced
- 1 Garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- ¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Place one wonton skin in each cup of 2 mini muffin pans and gently press to form a cup. Bake 5 – 7 minutes until just starting to turn a pale golden color. Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit.
In a food processor with steel blade attached combine artichoke hearts, ½ cup parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, shallot, garlic and Tabasco sauce. Process on pulse setting until combined but small chunks of artichoke remain.
Spoon about 1 Tbsp of artichoke mixture into each wonton cup then top with more freshly grated parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake until cups turn nicely golden brown and warmed through.
Carefully remove to serving platter and serve warm or at room temperature.