Snowmobiler rescued from Summit Co. avalanche
A man was rescued from an avalanche in Summit County Sunday afternoon.
The 24-year-old male from Heber City was snowmobiling in the Drop Doom or High Mountain area of Summit County near Hoyt’s Peak when he triggered an avalanche at around 2:45 p.m.
The man, who was not wearing an avalanche locator, was buried about 10 feet down and was located by the people that were with him. He did not require medical attention.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country
- Tennessee family finds dead man under deck during Easter egg hunt