FOX 13 KSTU-TV, Utah’s Most Watched News, has an immediate opening for a full-time newscast producer.
Show-stackers need not apply. This is a job for a creative, dedicated journalist who enjoys crafting a newscast and thrives under pressure.
- Select timely, compelling, content for hour-long newscast. Be an active participant in editorial meetings.
- Write news stories and teases. Assign team of reporters, anchors and associate producers to write crisp, accurate copy.
- Proofread and edit every element of the broadcast.
- Work with directors, graphic artists and associate producers to visually enhance information in the newscast. Demonstrate effective use of full screen graphics, lower thirds, boxes, etc.
- Look for ways to incorporate the station’s website, fox13now.com, and station’s social media sites into broadcasts and coverage.
- Work with assignment desk to coordinate unbeatable coverage of every story and be aggressive on breaking news.
- Work with newsroom management team to ensure compelling, journalistically sound coverage of news on a daily basis.
- Produce breaking news coverage and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have one to two years of experience producing television news for a major network affiliate or quality college broadcast news program.
KSTU FOX 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This station seeks and employs qualified people in all job classifications and positions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visitwww.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.