FOX 13 KSTU-TV in beautiful (and underrated) Salt Lake City, Utah has an immediate opening for Weekend 5 p.m. News Producer.
This is a job for a strong editorial leader and creative producer who enjoys crafting a newscast and thrives under pressure.
- Select timely, compelling, content for hour-long weekend 5 p.m. newscast.
- Fill in on other afternoon/evening newscasts, including weekdays, as assigned.
- Write news stories, teases, packages and produce special projects.
- Assign team of reporters, anchors and associate producers to write crisp, accurate copy.
- Proofread and edit every element of the broadcast.
- Work with directors, graphic artists and associate producers to visually enhance information in the newscast.
- Demonstrate effective use of full screen graphics, lower thirds, boxes, etc.
- Look for ways to incorporate the station’s website, Fox13now.com, and station’s social media sites into broadcasts and coverage.
- Work with newsroom management team to ensure compelling, journalistically sound coverage of news on a daily basis.
- Work with assignment desk to coordinate unbeatable coverage of every story and be aggressive on breaking news.
- Be an active participant in editorial meetings and bring practical story ideas.
- Produce breaking news coverage and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree and at least two years of experience producing television news for a major network affiliate or quality college broadcast news program.
KSTU FOX 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This station seeks and employs qualified people in all job classifications and positions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.