KSTU Fox 13 News in Salt Lake City, Utah has an immediate opening for a full-time Multi-Media Producer.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about news, the Web and social media, is an expert multi-tasker and able to enterprise unique and compelling story ideas on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of multi-platform news reporting, Associated Press-style writing, TV newswriting, sourcing, transparency and journalism ethics.
Experience with Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms is required. The candidate should understand how social media is an asset to a news organization.
- Manage news-gathering resources, including personnel and equipment
- Monitor sources for news including social media, email, police and fire scanners; curate news content
- Participate in news editorial meetings
- Produce content for Fox 13’s digital and social media platforms with an emphasis on quality writing and engagement
- Write and produce content for Fox 13’s television news broadcasts; fill in as a newscast producer when required
A college degree and a minimum of two years of journalism experience with a television station, news/digital publisher, or high-quality university/college journalism program. Newscast production experience a plus.
Must be willing to work a variety of hours including early mornings, late evenings and weekends.