KSTU FOX 13 a Tribune Broadcasting station has an opening for a Master Control Operator to work in our Salt Lake City Operation Center. The ideal candidate has experience with broadcast automation systems and/or strong computer skills or IT experience. Experience working in a broadcast hub facility is highly desired.
• Monitors the automation system for proper event execution
• Prepares syndicated programming, runs commercial breaks during newscasts and high-value network and sports programming
• Accurately checks every aspect of each log in the automation system
• Keeps all stations in compliance with FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, closed captioning logs and compliance with the FCC Children’s Television Act
• Verifies material airing via the program log; researches and contacts appropriate source for missing material
• Monitors transmitters and tower lights under the FCC regulations
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree in Telecommunications preferred; equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 2 years in Master Control preferred, experience in a master control HUB desired
• Must be capable of using IT-based equipment in a broadcast environment
• Computer knowledge, familiarity with server playback and recording, and automation systems preferred
• Knowledge of satellite spot delivery systems preferred
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: www.tribunemediacareers.com and enter job# 2018-46961 under keyword search.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.