REPORTS TO: Broadcast IT Manager
ROLE: The Information Technology / Engineer position is directly responsible for daily desktop PC and Mac support, administering and maintaining PBX telephone system, network infrastructure, and all on air hardware and software.
- Daily Desktop Support of hardware and applications
- Maintain Telephone PBX system (Allworx)
- Maintain users and groups within Active Directory
- Maintain and support network infrastructure (cabling and hardware replacement)
- Maintain on air computer systems
- Assist newsroom and Audio when requested
- Install new broadcast gear & network equipment in racks and workstations. Run and terminate network, video, RF and control cabling as necessary
- Assist in day-to-day broadcast operations as necessary to troubleshoot news editing and producing gear, align satellite and microwave feeds, and perform repairs on damaged equipment.
- Assist transmitter engineer on maintenance of high-power transmitters as necessary. Understand FCC regulations and help station operators keep KSTU in compliance thereof.
- Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigne
- Degree in Information Technology or Engineering is a plus
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Solid understanding of current Windows operating systems.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP
- Solid understanding of Apple devices and Mac operating system
- Good customer skills are a must as individual will work closely with various departments and their needs.
Good eyesight and manual dexterity for the repair and use of electronic equipment. Ability to lift up to 100+ pounds and climb ladders, as needed. Ability to communicate using headsets.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: www.tribunemediacareers.com and enter job# 2018-47527 under keyword search.