We’re looking for a full-time news photographer/editor who brings more than just a good eye to work. We are seeking someone who can dig up stories, chase breaking news and is also a great editor. You need to be comfortable gathering stories on your own as well as working closely with reporters. Must bring advanced digital and social media skills. Must be flexible with working varying shifts, including the willingness to work weekends, mornings, late nights and holidays. Successful candidates will have at least 2 years’ experience in daily news gathering.
- Shoot video and gather news stories, either teamed with a reporter or solo.
- Edit packages and VOSOTs in the field and at the station.
- Operate live camera from newsroom, studio, or remote locations, including lighting, audio, running cables, etc.
- Gather facts and information to support news stories.
- Maintain camera gear, vehicles, edit systems, etc.
- Additional duties as necessary.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in daily news gathering
- Working knowledge of editorial standards
- Must demonstrate solid news judgment
- Non-linear editing skills. Final cut Pro experience preferred
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Ability and willingness to write stories as needed
- Be able to tell stories with video and sound
- Must be creative with strong editing skills
- Must have attention to detail with great accuracy
- Must have a valid Utah driver’s license or able to obtain one
- The news is 24/7. We need photographers who can work any shift
- Willingness to travel with little to no notice and work overtime
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Represent the station to the community in a professional manner
- Contribute story ideas at the daily editorial meeting
- Relay information from the field back to station promptly and clearly
- Reports directly to Chief Photographer and takes direction on assignments from news Managers and Assignment Editors
- 2 years general ENG operation, maintenance and safety
- Satellite Truck/ENG Truck safety training, Dejero experience a plus.
- Non-linear editing experience required
If interested, please apply with resume, link to your most recent work, and complete a Tribune Media application at https://careers3-tribune.icims.com/jobs/47610/photographer/job AND send the application to:
KSTU Fox 13 Television Human Resources
5020 West Amelia Earhart Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
or FAX: (801) 536-1379
Email – email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications received, we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
KSTU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer