KSTU Fox 13, the Fox affiliate in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah, is looking for a creative, dynamic and experienced broadcast journalist to oversee our top-rated morning newscast.
The morning Executive Producer must be a proven newsroom leader who knows how to win breaking news on all platforms, maintain a strong sense of urgency with our newscast production and newsroom culture, and knows how to balance serious journalism with lighter moments critical to the success of our morning news.
This position will involve training and mentoring younger journalists while also collaborating with some of the most experienced television news personalities in the market.
- Oversee 5.5 hour weekday morning newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production.
- Manage morning newscast resources including producers, reporters, photojournalists, in-studio talent, editors, assignment desk and digital staff.
- Book segments and guests.
- Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures.
- Plan special event coverage.
- Step in to write and produce as needed.
- Rotate as weekend on-call manager with other newsroom managers.
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually.
- Coordinate schedules with News Director, Assistant News Director, and other news department managers.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 5 years previous news producing or related experience
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
KSTU is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.