KSTU-TV, the FOX affiliate in Salt Lake City, Utah is looking for an Executive Producer to manage our midday and early afternoon newscasts. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding line producer and a dynamic leader who has a passion for local news and multi-platform storytelling.
This position would oversee 3+ hours of live, local news and would be responsible for the overall execution and evolution of the newscasts by providing constructive reviews, driving creativity, managing excellence and accuracy and showcasing the best elements our news team has to offer.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, driven, supportive leader who is an innovative thinker.
- Overall supervision of daypart newscasts
- Drive breaking news, provide editorial guidance, coach and mentor staff and be the brand leader for all content before it reaches our viewers
- Maintain quality control of content selection, story development, writing, on-air graphics and teases to ensure accuracy and customer focused delivery
- Guarantee the proper treatment and showcasing of the above elements in our daily newscasts
- Partner with digital team to advance and enhance our news initiatives across all platforms
- Foster a creative and productive work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of five years of newscast producing experience. Management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to build a cohesive, high-performing staff and work teams and to develop the skills and nurture growth of staff members.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work with enthusiasm and effectiveness at all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable journalistic integrity and editorial judgment required.
- Must understand social media and how to tell stories on multiple platforms
- Must be flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.