KSTU Fox 13 Television is accepting applications for a full-time Account Executive.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Generate new revenue in the local market by converting advertisers to TV from other mediums. In addition, handle any repeat business by exceptional and result-oriented customer service. Finally, represent KSTU with the absolute highest integrity, professionalism, and hard work.
“MUST HAVE” QUALIFICATIONS:
- “Can do” attitude with a “will do” action and follow-up
- Motivation and drive to work hard and make a lot of calls in a short period of time
- Basic knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing
- Internal drive to succeed and compete at a high level EVERY DAY
- Loads of “street smarts” and wisdom to make right decisions
- Excellent verbal presentation skills (very important)
- Refined writing skills (also very important)
- Computer skills, mainly MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Long history of saying “no” to drugs
- Great sense of humor and a mountain of self-confidence
- Previous media sales experience in TV, radio, print, outdoor, internet, etc.
- Ability to show and demonstrate success in previous sales jobs in any field
- Bachelor’s degree or a degree in business, media sales, communication, related field or equivalent
- Familiarity with NSI ratings, Scarborough research, CMR, Marketron and/or comparable research tools
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Amazing career and a progressive, innovative, fun company to work for
- Training and personal development to help you succeed
- Experienced management team that will back you up EVERY DAY
- Solid benefit package – health, dental, vacation, and more
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and jave unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
KSTU FOX 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KSTU/Fox 13 representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.