House fire in Clinton destroys multiple vehicles, displaces family

CLINTON, Utah – An overnight house fire has displaced a family of six.

The Clinton Fire Department was called to a structure fire around 8:30 PM Friday night.

According to Captain Tim Vega, the fire reportedly started in the garage, but spread through the attic into a portion of the home.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire before it spread to the entire home. No injuries were reported.

Fire crews determined the cause of the fire was accidental, after an unattended propane heater was left too close to combustibles in the garage.

Two vehicles in the garage, as well as one outside, and an enclosed trailer outside the home were all deemed a total loss.

Damage is estimated at approximately $300,000.

Video credit: Kayden Call

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.