Gas leak forces evacuation, closure of intersection in downtown Ogden
OGDEN, Utah — A building was evacuated and a busy Ogden intersection was closed Monday afternoon due to a natural gas leak.
The gas leak occurred at the intersection of 25th St. and Lincoln Ave.
Dominion Energy spokesman Don Porter said the leak was discovered next to a building at 201 25th St.
Porter said there are about eight businesses housed in that building, and all of them were evacuated as a precaution.
“Please be aware, the intersection of 25th St and Lincoln Ave. is currently closed in all directions due to a natural gas leak,” a Facebook post from the Fire Department said.