Two injured in chemical incident at Red Pine Lodge in Park City

PARK CITY, Utah — Two people were taken to a Salt Lake City-area hospital Monday morning after suffering chemical burns and respiratory distress.

According to a Park City Fire District spokeswoman, the two injured people are Red Pine Lodge employees who mistakenly mixed water with drain cleaner, which caused an explosion of splashed chemicals.

The injuries were not major, the spokeswoman said.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.