The home of Lt. Governor Spencer Cox’s 92-year-old grandmother burns down in Moroni

MORONI, Utah — The home of Utah Lt. Governor Spencer Cox’s grandmother burned to the ground in Moroni Monday.

The Lt. Governor tweeted about the fire, saying the cause is a suspected gas leak.

He said his 92-year-old grandmother had gone to live at a senior living facility a few months ago.

While he’s so grateful his grandmother wasn’t there, Cox said “it hurts our hearts to lose a place full of so many special memories.”

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.