Provo neighborhood asked to shelter in place over gas leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PROVO, Utah — Provo Fire & Rescue officials have asked residents of a Provo neighborhood to shelter in place as Dominion Energy workers repair a broken gas line.

The break occurred at 263 S 1000 shortly before noon Friday. According to Provo Fire & Rescue, a private contractor working on a project for a private owner caused the break.

“No evacuations at this time,” a Facebook post from the fire department said.

Those outside the neighborhood are asked to avoid the area.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.