We had Tessa Acker with Fit 2 Recover on to show us how to make some healthy and filling Taco Cups! Fit 2 Recover is an organization which strives to provide people in recovery from drug or alcohol addictions with a safe place to connect with others through the foundation of four pillars: exercise, community service, creative expression and nutrition.
- 1/2-1 lb lean ground turkey browned and drained
- 1 cup cooked green or brown lentils (canned is ok, too)
- 1 pack low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained slightly
- 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- lettuce, tomato, salsa to top
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the skillet and add ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink.
- Combine cooked turkey, cooked lentils, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and stir to combine. Line each cup of the prepared muffin tin with 2 wonton wrappers (overlap them with opposite corners sticking out, like a star). Fill taco cups about 3/4 full. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden. Allow to cool and top with lettuce, tomato, and salsa if desired.
For more of Fit 2 Recover, visit www.fit2recover.org