Unified Fire extinguishes house fire in Kearns

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KEARNS, Utah – The Unified Fire Authority (UFA) confirmed that it had extinguished a fire at a home in Kearns Monday.

According to a tweet made by UFA, the fire occurred at a single-family residence near 4500 W and 5300 S.

According to Matt MacFarland with UFA, two people were displaced as a result of the incident.

MacFarland said that a fire in the fireplace of the home caused the chimney flue to burn, causing a lot of smoke. The family’s furnace had broken down, and they were reportedly using the fireplace to stay warm.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.