Unified Fire extinguishes house fire in Kearns
KEARNS, Utah – The Unified Fire Authority (UFA) confirmed that it had extinguished a fire at a home in Kearns Monday.
According to a tweet made by UFA, the fire occurred at a single-family residence near 4500 W and 5300 S.
According to Matt MacFarland with UFA, two people were displaced as a result of the incident.
MacFarland said that a fire in the fireplace of the home caused the chimney flue to burn, causing a lot of smoke. The family’s furnace had broken down, and they were reportedly using the fireplace to stay warm.