Firefighters rescue gifts from burning home as family of 7 displaced in Clinton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLINTON, Utah — A family of seven was displaced in Clinton Saturday night after a heating lamp in the garage caught on fire and the blaze spread to the home.

Chief Dave Olsen with the Clinton Fire Department said the fire broke out around 11:14 p.m. in the area of 1100 West and 2400 North.

Olsen said a heating lamp in the garage caught on fire, and the blaze quickly spread to the interior of the home. Fire crews from Clinton responded along with crews from North Davis, Syracuse and Riverdale.

A family of seven made it safely out of the home, though the family dog was killed in the blaze. Firefighters said the heat lamp in the garage was being used to keep the dog warm.

Firefighters were able to rescue several wrapped gifts from inside the home.

The damage to the home is estimated at $250,000.

The American Red Cross of Utah is assisting the family displaced by the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.