Kristin Petrucci creator of Buona Forchetta shared her recipe for Salsa Gialla. For more recipes from Kristin follow her on instagram @buonaforchettaut or go to buonaforchettaut.com
1-2 lbs. Roast Beef (original recipe) Turkey Leg, Beef brisket, London Broil, etc.
3 medium onions cut in fourths
3 medium- large peeled carrots cut in fourths
3 stalks celery de-strung cut in fourths
2 tsp. salt
2 cubes unsalted butter—Original recipe calls for 6 cubes butter no EVOO. (Perfect ©BuonaKeto option)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 long sprigs of fresh rosemary
Parmigiano reggiano or pecorino romano for garnish.
- In a 6-8qt. non-stick pan Sear each side of the meat. Then place onions, carrots, celery. Pour olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place sprigs of Rosemary on top then 1 cube butter. Place lid on top.
- On medium-low heat simmer for approx 4 hours. Vegetables will become very soft.
- *Try not to stir it as not to disturb the rosemary.
- When the meat is very tender (falling off of the bone or appears to fall apart) the sauce is ready.
- The last 30-45 minutes place lid offset to allow the liquid to reduce at least a ½ inch.
- Remove the rosemary.
- Take out the meat and set aside. (Reserve for second course)
- Blend the vegetables and all of the juice add last cube of butter while blending.
Serve over penne with grated parmigiano reggiano or pecorino romano for garnish.