Individual burned in the face during house fire in Draper

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire

DRAPER, Utah – Draper fire dispatch confirmed Tuesday afternoon that authorities were responding to a house fire on 14055 South and 945 East.

The incident occurred in a small box truck in front of a home that was under construction, according to Draper Fire Department Chief Clint Smith.

Construction crews were using sealer spray on the foundation of the house.

According to Smith, a spark in the back of a box truck caused construction materials and machinery to catch on fire.

One employee suffered minor burns after trying to extinguish the flames. The worker refused medical treatment on scene.

According to dispatch, the Unified Fire Authority and Draper Fire assisted during the incident.