Fire burns close to Sandy homes

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SANDY, Utah — A fire that burned through a ravine Monday afternoon came dangerously close to some Sandy homes.

It happened near Sandy’s Dimple Dell Park shortly before 4 p.m.

Cynthia Cool, who lives nearby, told FOX 13 the flames burned right up to her property line, but neighbors grabbed a garden hose and protected her yard.

“We’ve seen a fire at least every two years in the gully and it’s scary,” Cool said.

Neighbors told FOX 13 fireworks have been a problem in the past, but it isn’t clear if fireworks are to blame for Monday’s fire.