- Clean out the lint trap in dryer after every use
- Keep an eye on kitchen appliances and food when cooking, especially when frying
- Every kitchen should have a smoke detector and fire extinguisher in the kitchen
- Clean out the garage. Do not store gasoline for lawn mower in the garage. Properly dispose of greasy rags, keep them in a metal, sealed container.
- Clear dry, dead vegetation that is right next to your house. Aim for a little space when you plant new greenery and shrubs.
- Don't let BBQ grill build up fat and grease. Clean the grill regularly and keep it away from the house.
- Keep combustibles and rags away from the furnace and water heaters in your home.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.