• Utah Food Bank hosts the annual Holiday Food & Fund Drive from October 15th - January 15th to help stock the shelves of Utah Food Bank and emergency food pantries statewide through the holidays and into the early spring months.
• On average, Utah Food Bank has over 500 community groups and businesses across the state register food drives across the State of Utah.
• Utah Food Bank won`t be providing donation bags anymore, but you can still help us fight hunger statewide the green way by filling a virtual bag at utahfoodbank.org or filling any bag with nonperishables.
• Nonperishable donations can be dropped off at Smith`s locations statewide, Riverton Chevrolet, or Harmons locations statewide. You can also drop food off at our Salt Lake warehouse our your nearest pantry.
About Utah Food Bank and Hunger in Utah
• 1 in 5 Utah kids will likely miss a meal today due to lack of resources, and 423,000 Utahns are unsure where their next meal will come from.
• Last fiscal year, Utah Food Bank distributed 37.5 million pounds of food and goods, the equivalent of over 31 million meals for Utahns in need.
• Utah Food Bank provides food to a statewide network of 140 emergency food pantries and agencies.
• Utah Food Bank turns each $1 donation into $7.35 worth of goods and services, so your donation goes much further than you might think!
How to Support the Holiday Food & Fund Drive
• People can participate in the Holiday Food & Fund Drive by giving food, time or money.
• Register a food and fund drive, participate in community events that benefit us, fill a virtual gift bag online, or simply donate financially.
• Visit utahfoodbank.org for all the ways you CAN help.