Utah County Health Dept. warns of more algal blooms
PROVO, Utah – The Utah County Health Department is warning residents about more algal blooms in Utah County.
- American Fork Marina: changed from a CAUTION to WARNING advisory
- Sandy Beach: remains at WARNING advisory
- Saratoga Springs Marina: remains at WARNING advisory
- Lincoln Beach: remains CLOSED
- All other areas remain at a CAUTION advisory
- McKellen Lake: changed from a CAUTION to WARNING advisory
- Box Lake: remains at a WARNING advisory
- Big East Lake: remains at a WARNING advisory
Utah County officials are continuing to monitor and test these bodies of water.
Officials said, a CAUTION advisory means swimming and other water activities are allowed, however, you should stay out of areas of scum.
In areas with a WARNING advisory, boating activities are allowed but you should avoid areas of scum.
Pets and livestock should not be in or drink the water at any advisory level.