Egg, Spinach and Cheese Breakfast Scramble
- 12 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, removed from stems
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 (14.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 medium tortillas, softened or 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. In a large skillet up to medium heat, melt the butter. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook the eggs, As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Before the eggs are completely set, add the spinach, beans and cheese.
Serve the scramble in tortillas or on toast. Garnish with tomatoes, onions and basil, if using. Serve immediately.